Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Room Organization

There are a lot of materials you can re-use and re-purpose for room organization. What I love about them is they are super simple and definitely cheap! Sharing with you some of my favorite ways to organize my room, all DIY.




CANS - pineapple, tuna, sardines, you name it, I've used it somewhere. I love that you can do whatever you want with it. In my room, I'm able to use it for a variety of stuff.  In my office, I have black ones. But for the room, gold of course.


RECYCLED BOXES

I used to buy boxes, trays, and organizers but then I just realized that I USE THEM A LOT AND THAT MEANS I SPEND ON THEM A LOT. So then I just started making them and couldn't stop. I actually used soap boxes when I organized our sewing kit. Here are a few more ideas:

Eye Solution Box - This one's my favorite. I just like how it lines up all my eye wear and how it easily slips into my drawer. Plus I think I like the green and the DIY vibe you get when you don't cover it with anything.


Shoe Box Lid - Trays make things appear to be more organized even if technically, the vanity works just the same without it. I love trays. I just don't want to spend much on them. So I made one.



FOAM BOARDS - these aren't just for design uses, ya know. These are actually scrap pieces I saved from a wall art I made for the boyfriend and it's such an efficient way to save (save because you actually don't lose them anymore!) your earrings! This way, you see everything at a glance.



HANGERS - yes, they are used to hang your clothes, but there's still a bunch of ways to use them for organization. Mine isn't necessarily pretty, but it works pretty well. I just asked my dad to attach a nail onto my closet door and just looped all my belts here. It's in my DIY To-Do list to make a prettier version of this, and I'll of course post it if i get to do it. IFFFF I get to do it :))



OVER THE DOOR HOOKS - but mine isn't over the door because I already have something there :)) I have a box where I keep all my bags, but I don't want to be rummaging through it every time, so I hang my most frequently used bags here. My staples are a backpack, a brown and black bag, plus a tiny bag for errands. I bought the super sturdy (looking) one from Ace Hardware, and also opted for ones with a thicker hook to hold my bags more securely.




SCRAP CORK AND/OR OLD FRAME - and of course, my favorite DIY organization piece of all time, this JEWELRY ORGANIZER thinga majigssssss. It's been about 6 months since I made this beauty and I still love love love it.



Yaay for DIY and yaaaaaaaay for room organization!!!!! No? It's just me? Hmkay. *walks away* HAHAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment