Wednesday, July 4, 2012

La Sema

I'm ticklish but I've learned to grow out of that because I love massages. Although I've never fallen asleep and the staff more often than not laugh at (and even trick/purposely tickle) me, I love treating myself to the spa every once in a while. But of course, I love it more when it's for free.

I go to the spa just to get the ordinary 1 hour massage, enough to relax from work stress. I've never really splurged on treatments so to be blessed with one is a dream for me :))

I thank God for our Cebu friends, Peach, ate Nissah and her husband, for blessing me with a great spa night. It's not just a high priced massage - it's certainly a treat and a unique experience as well.

La Sema is a 24-hour Korean Spa facility in Makati. We were given our robes, towels, and sports wear at the reception. I don't know about those bottles. I just took a picture of them too :))

After changing in the locker rooms, we headed to the wet sauna. There were shower stations and several pools with different temperatures. It was super init at first but once you've adjusted to the temperature, it was dang gooooooooood. We also tried out the steam bath and probably stayed there the longest. Of course I wasn't able to take pictures anymore because you know, it's wet there. Hahaha.

From 30 plus degrees in the wet sauna, we went to Jjim Jil Bang, now in our sports wear (aka oversized shorts and shirt) or as how I understood it (yes, naintindihan ko daw) is the dry sauna. We went to the negative 8 degree ice room :)))) Okay, I'm probably the most lamigin person I know and I can't believe how I survived this one. We stayed there for a few minutes until our bodies adjusted yet again and I can't stand the cold anymore hahaha.

From negative 8 degrees, I think we went to 54 degrees naman. That was my favorite. Since I'm lamigin nga, I love hot temperatures. We laid down on the floor covered with (I think) lava rocks. Ooh la la. The only downside for me is that I don't easily sweat :( But it was really good for my back since I have scoliosis. We also tried the 70 plus degree room but we didn't stay longer than a minute. Hahahaha ang init! I also didn't bring my phone there because I'm afraid it will explode :))

After the wet and dry saunas, we then headed to our massages. I like their massage room (although it wasn't private hihi). Yes, it wasn't an ordinary 1 hour massage because it's an hour and a half haha. And another yes, I still wasn't able to sleep. This time for another reason I choose not to share :))

We ended our spa night with what else, Korean ice creaaaaaam. I swear I was able to sleep very well that night! Thanks again and again kuya Ceasar, ate Nissah, and Peach for the treat and the wonderful company!

And just you wait, La Sema, I'll come back for you :)

3 comments:

  1. It's just a wonderful privilege to be serving and treating the Princess of God. :) we love you Elding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Favorite spa ko din to. I also experienced going there alone after office just to sleep, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Favorite spa ko din to. I also experienced going there alone after office just to sleep, haha.

    ReplyDelete